Monday, July 18, 2016

First Impression: Colourpop Lippie Stix and Pencil


 

Hi Guys! Today I want to share with you my first impressions on the Colourpop Cosmetics Lippie Stix and Pencil. This is an online only store, which is a bummer. Both the lippie stix and pencils are only $5. I posted a full video of me swaching these shades on my youtube channel if you would like to check them out. Alright let's get started!

Each lippie stix has an identical lippie pencil which it is highly recommended you get, however, I only got the lippie pencil for the shade Skimpy. I will tell you why. Skimpy alone seemed like it would really wash me out. However, with the pencil underneath, it made for a perfect nude lip. The reason for this, the lippie pencil and stix for the shade Skimpy is actually completely different. Colourpop knew what they were doing though. Together the two look amazing. Alone, not so much.  In this picture they show you online, the two look almost identical, they are not. I will show you below in a swatch of the two.
I tried the pencil on alone and it was matte brown/nude shade. I did really like it though. When I topped it with the matching lippie stix, it pulled everything together and looked great. They last for a fair amount of time. It lasted for about 4 or so hours and after drinking and eating. These did not dry out my already super dry lips either. All three of the ones I got were glossy finishes. They do have matte finishes as well but I am afraid they will dry my lips out really bad so I have not gotten my hands on them yet. Let me know if they are worth the try though and I will try them out!
The second lippie stix I got was in the shade Bound. Now on the website this looks like my perfect pink. However when I opened this shade, it looked a little darker than this picture from the website. I cannot wear dark shades on my lips because it will make me look super pale. So I tried the shade on right away and I actually really did like it on my lips. I did not buy the matching pencil to this shade and the pigment is still really amazing. It did not dry out my lips either. This shade does pack a punch and I really like it.
All three shades swatched are below. 
As you can probably tell, Skimpy in the stix and in the pencil are a completely different shade. But do not be afraid! Together there are beautiful. I would not say you need the matching pencil for each stix but I definitely would get it if you are wanting to get the shade Skimpy. 

This brand is really affordable and I am kind of obsessed with these shades. I wish the website was more accurate with the pictures of the shades but I am happy with what I got.

Please let me know if you think I should try the matte lippie stix or the ultra satin lips glosses or anything else from them! 

Thank you for reading!

                                      ~Tay



No comments:

Post a Comment