Monday, August 15, 2016

Tips to Keep Hair Looking and Feeling Soft

Hi Beautay's!

I am super excited to share this post with you guys because I pride myself on having soft hair. If my hair starts to become coarse and have a ton of texture, I freak out. I bleach my hair and have for years now, so I am almost an expert on how to have soft, silky hair! I will let you know what products I use to keep my hair soft, I will also recommend really great, affordable products for you as well so you have multiple to choose from. Let's jump right in!


Tip #1: Use shampoo and/or conditioner that is infused with some kind of oil. (argan, coconut, etc.)
I am currently using the Suave Conditioner that is infused with coconut oil and I love it! It really helps keep my hair soft and smooth

Tip #2: This probably sounds super gross to some people but this had made a world of difference in my hair. Do NOT wash your hair every day. That completely dries your hair out! I wash mine either every other day or every two days. Also, before washing it after a couple of days, brush it from root to ends to help bring some of the natural oil down on the length of the hair. People tell me all the time they have to wash their hair every day because their hair is naturally oily. A good dry shampoo will make your life so much easier! I will recommend some good ones down below!

Tip #3: Put oil in your hair after you shower. Orgnx has some really great oils for the hair. You can invest in more pricey ones but these drug store ones are really great and their selection is endless.

Tip #4: Really try to keep heat off of your hair. I know it can be really tough especially for some of us who have weird natural hair. Half of my hair will dry straight and the other half will dry wavy, so I have to do something to it. However, you can french braid your hair and let it dry like that and when you take it out you have really nice waves. Also you can do what I do to get wonderful beachy waves with no heat. I will post a tutorial if you guys would like to see. 

And Tip #5: After you shower, just put a small amount of leave in conditioner on the ends of your hair. The one I use, you can use as a leave in conditioner or as a conditioner. That is what is so great about it!

TOP RECOMMENDED HAIR PRODUCTS:
Shampoo/Conditioner: Suave Coconut Oil, Ogx Coconut Milk Shampoo and Conditioner
Dry Shampoo: Garnier Dry Shampoo and Batiste Dry Shampoo
Hair Oils: Ogx O2 Hydrating and Lifting Oil, Ogx Coconut Milk
Leave in Conditioner to put on ends:


Thanks for reading! I hope you follow these tips and use them just as often as I do!

Follow me on social media!

Thanks Y'all

                       ~Tay




No comments:

Post a Comment